Our annual LAMA week summer conference was held in July and students had opportunities to hear from a range of sources about the their Post McAuley options.
Included in this section, are some of the PowerPoint presentations used; each day students received an email with the daily presentations and any associated word documents.
Students were emailed a copy of the weeks events including a calendar of events; highlighting the deadlines set for UCAS applications.
The week off timetable covered the following issues:
- Introduction to the week and why choose HE by Leeds Trinity University. J Kennedy also closed the event for us.
- Personal statement - a talk from A Bourne at York University
- A CV writing workshop x2 with Rachel from Careers Inc.
- Student Finance talk
- Studying abroad
- Work or study options.
- Fabulous collection of McAuley Alumni telling of their experiences since leaving McAuley...What I wish I had known tips included. From University and Apprenticeship.
- What to take to Uni
- Interview Workshop
- What do employers want?
- Leadership talk and challenge.
- Time to spend completing the UCAS application.
- Work on the Personal statement.
We also had the Head Boy and Head Girl Hastings and the community of staff and students voted for Jamie McGough as Head Boy and Amanat Dosanjh as Head Girl. This was a fantastic event and showcased the abilities and potential of our sixth formers who were shortlisted for the Hustings.
This LAMA week is an excellent opportunity for our students to prepare the pathways for Life After McAuley. Throughout the year the talks with Universities, Apprenticship providers and Local employers will continue.
Thank you to all staff and students involved.