In Sixth Form we have a distinctive programme
Life After McAuley
Each year we have a different theme. In Summer 2019 responding to the survey results we changed to a work experience week.
Preparation for the placements
- Started prep work on this in December 2018
- Up to date CV
- Students found a placement
- Preparation for the workplace
- Meeting with the employer
- Dress code
- Managing expectations
- Students completed all paperwork with employers
- Students completed a log book
Placements took place in
- Law courts
- Gp surgeries
- Hospital departments
- Offices in town centre – Law, Accountancy
- Primary schools
- And here In McAuley
Throughout the placement, Students encouraged to think about two things
- What have I learned?
- What have I learned about myself?